September 9, 2015

Nursing Scarf Tutorial



This scarf is super easy and fast to make and looks oh so cute! I wish I would have had one of these with my first baby, but glad I have one ready for my second baby on the way! This scarf only requires a yard of fabric to make, so go ahead and make a variety of different colors to go with an outfit!  These scarves would make a great accessory to wear even if you’re not a nursing mamma.


I love how the one for my sister turned out. She has a sweet baby boy who was born in June!

Nursing Scarf Tutorial 

Supplies: 1 yard of jersey fabric * (Both Fabrics shown are from fabric.com, I purchased both shown last spring and saw neither are in stock.)
                Matching thread
                Sewing supplies
*I would recommend choosing a jersey fabric that’s light weight and not very thick, so the scarf is not too bulky when worn around the neck.


Start by cutting a piece of jersey fabric 60" x 36" 
(Most jersey fabric is sold at 60" wide, so if you buy a yard you won't even have to cut anything. Make sure before buying though, since you want it at least 60" long)

Fold in half so that the right sides of the fabric are facing each other and sew a straight seam along the raw edge.

No need to worry about the raw edge of the seam, it will curl over (like shown above) and make a perfectly neat inside seam. Which means you're done!
 

Wrap it around twice for a nice looking infinity scarf.


 As a nursing cover you can pull the excess to the back and wear it diagonally across your chest so you're covered, but also free to move. 

That has to be the shortest instructions I’ve written! Super easy right! If you have any questions or comments leave them below.

Janelleno.5



No comments :

Post a Comment